AC Milan vs Juventus
AC Milan vs Juventus
After the shock at home defeat to modest opposition earlier this week, AC Milan host old rivals Juventus at San Siro in Serie A’s Sunday kickoff.
- Milan should have two of their regular midfielders available against Juventus as Sandro Tonali returns after serving a suspension and Ismael Bennacer is already back in Italy after reigning champions Algeria were eliminated from the AFCON.
- Tiemoue Bakayoko is still to partner Tonali from the start. But Rade Krunic drops out and alongside Bennacer is expected to feature from the bench.
- Meanwhile, defensive mainstays Fikayo Tomori and Simon Kjaer are again sidelined. But Alessio Romagnoli is set to return at the heart of the host’s back four.
- Ante Rebic will be restricted to a substitute role with Zlatan Ibrahimovic leading the Rossoneri line.
- Approaching the end of an intense January for Juventus, the side will be able to count on almost a complete squad at San Siro.
- The only expected absentees will be Aaron Ramsey, Chiesa, and his Italy teammate Leonardo Bonucci who is out until next month with a muscular issue.
- Max Allegri will have versatile forward Federico Bernardeschi back at their disposal after he returned to full training following the Coppa Italia win over Sampdoria.
- The latter is a strong candidate and he could line up in support of Alvaro Morata, alongside Paulo Dybala.
Following the 1-1 draw in September, Inter Milan and Juventus are in line to draw both meetings in a Serie A season for the first time since the 1991/92 season.
In fact, the two giants of Calcio have not drawn any of their last nine-game encounters at San Siro. But with both sides recently improving in the final third, a close-fought affair could have several twists and turns as it reaches its climax.
Our prediction is AC Milan 1-0 Juventus
AC Milan: Maignan, Florenzi, Kalulu, Romagnoli, Hernandez, Tonali, Bakayoko, Messias, Diaz, Leao, Ibrahimovic.
Juventus: Szczesny, Cuadrado, De Ligt, Chiellini, De Sciglio, Locatelli, Rabiot, McKennie, Dybala, Bernardeschi, Morata.