The reigning Spanish champions are currently fifth in the table. That is 17 points behind leaders Real Madrid while Rayo has collected 30 points from their 18 matches this season to sit fourth.
- Again, Atletico will be without Marcos Laporte and Stefan Savic through injury. But, Jose Gimenez and Sime Vrsaljko were both backed in first-team training on Friday.
- The Reds and Whites have been hit with news that Koke, Joao Felix, Antoine Griezmann and Hector Herrera have tested positive for Coronavirus. Also, Simeone will not be on the touchline having contracted the virus.
- Luis Suarez is likely to be joined in the final third of the field by Angel Correa. Additionally, a switch to 4-4-2 formation could see Renan Lodi feature at left-back.
- Rayo has had a number of players test positive for coronavirus. Martin Merquelanz and Alvaro Correa will miss the match due to knee and hamstring issues respectively.
- The side will hope to recover a few first-team players who contracted coronavirus in time for the match. However, much will depend on the next round of testing. Meanwhile, there is still a chance that the contest could be called off.
- Radamel Falcao also returned a positive Coronavirus test result. He will therefore miss out on the chance to face his former club. But, Sergi Guardiola is believed to be one of those in with a chance of returning in the final third of the field.
Under normal circumstances, we would be backing Rayo to give Atletico an incredibly difficult match and might have tipped a score draw in this contest.
Unfortunately, the visitors will be missing a number of important players. Though, that’s why we are backing Atletico to pick up a much-needed three points.
Our prediction Atletico Madrid 2-0 Rayo Vallecano
Atletico Madrid: Oblak, Trippier, Gimenez, Hermoso, Lodi, Carrasco, De Paul, Kondogbia, Lemar, Correa, Suarez.
Rayo Vallecano: Arboleda, Balliu, Saveljich, Catena, Rodrigues, Comesana, Valentin, Palazon, Trejo, Martin, Guardiola.