Bruno Fernandes has been linked to a move to the Camp Nou following a disappointing start to the 2021-22 campaign at Old Trafford.
The 27-year-old Red Devils player called reports linking him to the transfer to Barcelona as bad journalism. Portuguese footballer Bruno Fernandes quickly became a mascot figure at Old Trafford after his transition from Sporting CP in January 2020, but suffered a major drop in form in the first half of the 2021-22 campaign. Bruno Fernandes has scored just one time in his last 14 Premier League appearances and it has been speculated that he is one of several players to become unhappy at Man Utd as they sit 7th in the table, four points straying from Champions League seats.
What did Bruno Fernandes say?
The Portuguese agency said Bruno Fernandes has been proposed to Barça as his representatives seek to mediate a January transfer for the midfielder. However, Bruno came out to set the record straight in direct reply to the post, telling his followers that he thought the new year had just started a few days ago, yet they are already on April 1st! “Or is it just bad journalism again?” – said Bruno Fernandes.
A little about Bruno Fernandes
The Portuguese footballer chalked up 40 goals and 29 assists in his first season and a half with Man Utd, helping them finish second in the Premier League and advance to the Europa League final in the process. However, Bruno Fernandes has just five goals and nine assists to his name from 24 outings so far and appears to have lost the clinical lead in the final third of the inning. Supporters will be hoping that interim Red Devils boss Ralf Rangnick can start bringing the best out of Bruno again sooner rather than later, with his next chance to shine likely coming when Man Utd hosts Aston Villa in Monday’s FA Cup third round.