The hosts ended 2021 in excellent form. They won six of their last seven league games while the visitors ended poorly as they slipped further away from Bayern Munich in the title race.
- Lindstrom and Danny da Costa will be available for their return to action after they missed out after testing positive for coronavirus.
- The pair will join Jens Petter Hauge and Christopher Lenz on the sides. The hosts will also be without Aymen Barkok. The player has been called up to represent Morocco at AFCON this month.
- Kristijan Jakic and Goncalo Paciencia have returned to training. The pair will be pushing to start against Dortmund.
- Dan-Axel Zagadou will join the lengthy list of absentees after he tested positive for coronavirus. The French youngster joins fellow defenders Mateu Morey, Marcel Schmelzer and Manuel Akanji on the sidelines. So, Rose will be hopeful that Mats Hummels has recovered from cold in time to start at the Commerzbank Arena.
- First-choice goalkeeper Gregor Kobel is also suffering from illness. The second choice Roman Burki is also expected to miss through an ankle injury. This means the experienced Marwin Hitz could be required between the posts once again.
- Marco Reus, Youssoufa Moukoko and Giovanni Reyna make up the list as Dortmund remain short of options yet again.
This game should be an exciting encounter for the neutral. Both sides are possessing great firepower upfront whilst also being guilty of leaking goals at the other end of the pitch.
If Frankfurt can pick up from where they left off prior to the break, then, they might win this encounter to inflict another miserable away day for Dortmund whose lengthy injury list is proving to be frustrating.
Our prediction is Eintracht Frankfurt 2-1 Borussia Dortmund.
Eintracht Franfurt: Trapp, Tuta, Hinteregger, N’Dicka, Chandler, Jakic, Sow, Kostic, Borre, Kamada, Paciencia.
Borussia Dortmund: Hitz, Meunier, Hummels, Pongracic, Guerreiro, Bellingham, Can, Hazard, Brandt, Malen, Haaland.