The visitors currently sit 13 points clear at the top of the Ligue 1 table while the hosts are down in 13th following a troubled start to the season.
- Lyon’s attack has been depleted by Africa Cup of Nations call ups. Tino Kadewere, Karl Toko Ekambi, and Islam Slimani all representing their respective nations
- Jason Denayer, Sinaly Diomande and Jeff Reine-Adelaide remain in the treatment room for the hosts while PSG-linked Lucas Paqueta tested positive for coronavirus before the New Year.
- Rayan Cherki and Xherdan Shaqiri will battle for the final spot in the attack should Paqueta not be deemed ready for this match. Meanwhile, Bruno Guimaraes can expect to return to the engine room
Paris Saint Germain
- Achraf Hakimi, Idrissa Gueye and Abdou Diallo are away on AFCON duty. Neymar is still approximately three weeks away from returning to training following his ankle injury.
- The visitors have been boosted by the news that Lionel Mess is now Covid-free. As well, Sergio Ramos’ return from suspension. However, Angel Di Maria, Gianluigi Donnarumma, Layvin Kurzawa, Danilo Pereira and Julian Draxier have all been forced into isolation.
- Icardi could earn a rare start-up top despite persistent links with a move elsewhere. As such, Colin Dagba, Keylor Navas and Leandro Paredes may also benefit from their side’s COVID cluster.
Should the highly influential Paqueta not be passed fit for the clash, Lyon’s 100% goalscoring home record could come to an end especially with PSG boasting most of their big names in defense.
Les Parisiens can survive without most of their COVID-affected crop and warmed up for this contest in an ideal fashion in the Coupe de France. So we expect the leaders to march to a convincing triumph as the pressure piles on Bosz’s shoulders.
Our Prediction is Lyon 0-2 Paris Saint Germain
Lyon: Lopes, Lukeba, Boateng, Da Silva, Gusto, Guimaraes, Caqueret, Emerson, Shaqiri, Aouar, Dembele.
Paris Saint Germain: Navas, Dagba, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Bernat, Wijnaldum, Paredes, Verratti, Mess, Icardi, Mbappe.