Football NewsManchester United stop selling Mason Greenwood jersey online
Post image

The Red Devils have stopped selling the Greenwood’s jersey online and Nike has announced that they are ending their working relationship with the player following troubling allegations leveled against the England international.


A little about the topic

Mason Greenwood was removed from his post on Sunday, January 30 after images and voice recordings of alleged wrongdoing were circulated on social media. The Greater Manchester Police (GMP) also confirmed that a 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of rape and assault.


Sales of Mason Greenwood shirts have stopped

The Mason’s shirt was pulled from the club’s online store following the allegations. Customers are currently unable to select Mason Greenwood’s name as an option on the back of products, and he can no longer be seen in the player list on the club’s official online store.

Searching for his name on the page returns “no products found for your query mason greenwood”. Man Utd is also offering fans the opportunity to trade any jersey with the Mason’s name on the back.


Nike spokesperson statement

A spokesperson for the sportswear giant has confirmed that Greenwood is no longer a Nike athlete.


Man Utd statement about the topic

The PL club said on Sunday they are aware of the images and allegations circulating on social media. They will not comment until the facts are established. Man Utd does not condone violence of any kind. Man Utd later added that Greenwood would not be returning to practice and matches until further notice.


GMP Statement

A statement from local authorities said the Greater Manchester Police (GMP) received information today about images and videos on social media posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical abuse.

An investigation has been launched and after investigation they can confirm that a man in his 20s has since been arrested on suspicion of rape and assault. He (Mason Greenwood) remains in custody for questioning. The investigation continues.

Greater Manchester Police added that the investigation was ongoing and that detectives had been given extra extra time to talk to a man in his 20s who was arrested on suspicion of raping and assaulting a woman.

The suspect was detained on Sunday (January 30) afternoon after becoming aware of social media images and videos posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical abuse. He continues to be interrogated after the magistrates allowed an adjournment until tomorrow (Wednesday, February 2).

Following the investigations carried out so far, he was re-arrested on suspicion of sexual harassment and death threats. The investigation is ongoing and the victim is still being offered specialist help.

The statement also said they are reminding people to avoid any comments or image sharing that could jeopardize the victim’s right to lifelong anonymity or risk damaging a direct investigation with active proceedings.