Bianconeri head coach Massimiliano Allegri stressed that he will remain at the helm, despite the fact that Juventus have 15 points for a false count.
What did Allegri say about Juventus?
News broke on Friday that Bianconeri had been sued by the Italian Football Federation for several financial irregularities related to inflated transfer budgets and player salaries. The ruling saw the club drop to 10th in Serie A following their significant points deduction, although the old lady’s manager reiterated that he was not going anywhere.
The Bianconeri manager, regarding the decision, said that he was the coach of Juventus and would remain the coach of Juventus unless he was expelled. According to Massimiliano Allegri, in difficult times they should be good, men, in taking responsibility.
When things go well, they are all right. Allegri cannot parse the -15 severity in the table. The only thing they are sure of is that they have to accept yesterday’s decision. “I repeat: the club, together with the lawyers, has already made an official statement. We must be silent, be very low profile, and make this call starting from 22 points,” said the Juventus manager.
According to him, they must fulfill their duty, that the final decision will be made in 2 months. And they should not find themselves in 2 months with regret, because they did not do as much as they should have done. All situations must be turned into an opportunity.
This is an opportunity to play the season to the fullest, then they will see how it goes. The Juventus boss says that when the ruling came, he made a calculation of the points it would take to get the UEFA Champions League. The average is there, and to get there, you need something extraordinary.
Bianconeri deducted 15 points by the Italian Football Federation, but why is the old lady back in hot water?
How was everything?
The Bianconeri are once again engulfed in scandal, deducted from 15 points in Serie A for financial irregularities and false accounting in connection with past transfer transactions. The ruling, which is far tougher than the nine-point deduction proposed by the top football lawyer handling the case, also comes with bans on several ex-board members. Andrea Agnelli, who retired last November, was banned from Italian football for 24 months and Nedved for eight months. It is noteworthy, however, that the current sports director of the Paratici Spurs has been under a ban for 30 months. So far, the Spurs have not released a statement.
A little about the topic
Unlike the Calciopoli scandal, in which Bianconeri was fired back in 2006 and stripped of two Serie A titles, this is due to the finances of the old woman and Plusvalenza, and not bribing officials. Plusvalenza is essentially the profit made from the sale of a player from one club to another. Several Bianconeri deals have been linked by Italian prosecutors, including the infamous Barca swap deal involving midfielders Miralem Pjanic and Arthur.
Of the 62 transfers investigated, 42 involved Bianconeri. The other clubs under investigation, Pescara, Pro Vercelli, Parma, Genoa, Pisa, Empoli, Novara and Sampdoria, were all acquitted. The club is also being considered for claims to have saved €90m (£78m/$97m) from wage cuts back in 2020 due to the coronavirus.
What does the club say?
The club said in a press release that the Bianconeri denied any wrongdoing and announced that they would appeal the decision. According to them, the company is waiting for the publication of the reasons and is currently announcing an appeal to the College of Sports Assurance regarding the Code of Sports Justice.