Neco Williams hopes to stay at Anfield
Neco Williams is keen to remain at Anfield, despite reports that it may be unloaded during the summer.
Neco Williams Feels Good
The Welsh International has suggested that it will remain in Liverpool for the 2021-22 campaign, despite seeing a £ 10m move elsewhere. The reds are ready to open up to the offers for the international Wales defender. However, no deal has been made, and the 20-year-old is ready to fight Andy Robertson and Alexander-Arnold for another minute under the leadership of Klopp.
Neco Williams, who took in his first preseason minutes against Mainz on Friday, told Liverpool’s official website that it would be good to blaze the web with the first 45. Neco feels good, it feels right. Neco Williams got a nice little break after the euro, but Williams worked hard and stayed in shape during his break. Neco is just looking forward to what is coming now.
With each season you play it only gets bigger and bigger. Neco Williams also said that last season was good for him, he gets minutes and gets playing time and hopes this season he can play a little more, keep working and keep pushing Robbo and Trent Alexander-Arnold, and hopefully get some play time.
Neco Williams’ achievement for Liverpool
The Anfield Academy graduate made his senior debut for the Reds in the Carabao Cup clash with Arsenal in October 2019. He now plays up to 25 times for the club, with 14 of them taken last season. Questions were sometimes asked to him on a steep learning curve, resulting in output speech.
Neco Williams, however, is on a contract until 2025 and appears to be in no rush to take on a new challenge. Playing time will be required to remain part of the Welsh setup, with 14 caps earned so far, but he has a lot of tournament experience under his belt that featured at Euro 2020.