Wijnaldum reveals he is heading to Camp Nuo
Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum admits contact with Barcelona over a possible free summer move as his Liverpool contract expires by June 30th.
Wijnaldum reveals his intention of quitting the club after the Liverpool 2-0 win against Crystal Palace. He bids the club an emotional goodbye, claims he has given his 100 percent all the time.
Confirming Barca’s interest, Wijnaldum admits, “I cannot deny the contacts.”.
“I have just signed off from Liverpool and it is an interesting situation for many clubs,” the Dutch added.
Reports claim that the 30-year-old midfielder is committed to a three-year deal that will take him to 2024. It is understood that the deals will be announced before the European Championship gets underway on June 11.
Wijnaldum had already bid an emotional goodbye to Liverpool fans in their 2-0 win against Crystal Palace. He says he had given 100 percent to Liverpool.
“It’s really special. The fans have sung my name. Week-in, week-out they saw I was giving 100 percent to give everything for this club,” Wijnaldum said.
He continued, “That’s what the supporters want to see and that’s what they appreciate from me. It is something I’m going to miss.
‘I’m fighting against tears right now. The people in Liverpool have shown me, love, during the five years. I will miss them, you know.”
He said, “I knew I went to a big club. I remember that I was sitting in the living room and the manager said when I come to Liverpool we would win prizes. I am happy it went that well. It would have been really painful to leave the club without any.”
“We will see what I will do in the next couple of weeks. I will rest a little bit then go to the national team. I will have to look at my story and how everything went. The fans deserve to know the story behind it,” he concluded his farewell speech.